Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Apple Bottom Jeans..."

The "Boots With The Furrr" Scarf for:

Name: Holly Grigsby


Location: Eastlake, Seattle


Job: Companion de Psychiatric Inpatients


Age: THERTY


What I want to be when I grow up: Myself


Best thing that happened to me last week: Friends, lending their ears to my singing.


On my bookshelf most recently: Suttree by Cormac McCarthy, A Road More or Less Traveled by Stephen Otis and Colin Roberts


On my Ipod a lot lately: My Morning Jacket ~ Evil Urges


Just watched this: Ken Burns' America: The Shakers


Why I let someone knit me a scarf with hardly any say in how it would look: Correction--BEGGED--because KJ can knit no wrong!!


My Inspiration for Holly: This was an easy one- I thought "Holly", looked in my yarn pile and pulled out the four yarns I wanted to use. After I planned it all out, I sent her a message to double check if she had any no-no colors. She responded saying basically, she likes earthy, dark wines, and things that work with her hazelishness. Fortunately- that's what I thought as well. On a daily basis, Holly evokes something between gold lame', puffy paint shirts, stirrup leggings, cashmere, cowgirl boots and lyric poetry- but in a good way... Hence, this scarf is a tribute to her sexy, self-effacing style of life, clothing and persona. She's a gem- that you find in the bottom of a cereal box and then put in a frame covered with seashells that your grandma gave you and love forvever and ever- all that and Hip Hop too!


1 comment:

Derrick Fudge said...

shannon's girlfriend is hot